Career - Program Director at Humara Bachpan Trust
Humara Bachpan Trust is a national organisation that works on improving the lives of children, youth and women living in poverty.
Humara Bachpan Trust is looking for a Program Director to take forward the organisation as it prepares itself for the next phase of growth and strategic planning.
The role of the Program Director is to provide leadership to enable HumaraBachpan Trust fulfill its vision and mission. We are seeking an exceptional leader with strategic vision, relationship management skills and operational leadership experience.This is an exciting role for the ideal candidate.
The deadline for application is December10th, 2020.
The position is based in Bhubaneswar and reports to the Executive Director of Humara Bachpan Trust.
Responsibilities of Program Director:
In fulfilling her/his primary responsibility, the Program Director will:
- See that the day to day activities and affairs of various projects are appropriately managed.
- Work in collaboration with Executive Director, Finance, HR and all other staff of HBT.
- Act as a bridge between Program Managers, field staff and staff at Head office for all types of coordination.
- Ensure all project related mandates are implemented as per set timelines working in line with HBT policies and project mandate.
- Support programme operations and step-in as and when required.
- Monitor and review project activities and team members on a regular basis.
- Work closely with ED in writing proposals and policy briefs.
- Will be responsible for generating and publishing reports pertaining to the project and maintain documentation.
- Maintain all data related to project as per HBT and Project mandate.
- Lead and chair meetings as and when required, these could be weekly, monthly or quarterly.
- Actively participate in the hiring process for projects and ensure quality of resources to be hired to build an effective team.
- Ensure all training materials are up to date as per project mandate.
- Identify training needs of all team members as per project and organizational needs.
- Ensure right teaching and learning methodologies are adopted and practiced at all times through out the project lifecycle.
- Evaluate the performance of the team members of the project and conduct appraisal reviews and staff development activities of all Direct Repartees and contribute to inputs for appraisals, during Annual Appraisal Cycle.
- Foster a culture that promote ethical practices and encourage individuals integrity and maintain a positive and ethical work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining and motivating a diverse group of top-quality employees at all levels.
- Monitor and Review team’s performance against deliverables, objectives and ensure that problems are identified, Feedback shared, work on strategies to resolve issues.
- Promote HBT goals and values and foster the team that is firmly grounded on HBT values and focused to achieve goals and strategies within set timelines.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in managing and handling multiple projects.
- Skilled in maintaining public relations, networking, liaising with multiple partners and stakeholders.
- Skilled in implementation, developing strategies, resource mobilisation, report and proposal writing.
- Should have excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fun loving, good sense of humour and team player.
- Should be willing to travel.
- Willingness to work in remote rural areas.
- Deliver under strict timelines.
- Graduate or Masters in any discipline with relevant work experience.